New COVID-19 protocols:
“Safer, Smarter, Together”
- Sessions are by appointment only.
- You must wear a mask when entering the building and the office.
- The Office is being sanitized between clients.
- Text your arrival at the building entrance to make sure the office is ready.
- On arrival you will be provided with hand sanitizer and forehead temperature check.
- I will be wearing a mask, gloves, and face shield during exam and treatments.
- No one will be admitted with Upper Respiratory Infections or Influenza.
- By appointment only
- Monday: 10:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:30 pm
- Reduced hours to keep us all safe & healthy
- Office disinfecting time is incorporated into the schedule
- Please provide 24-hour notice for cancellations
The first session is comprehensive: consultation reviewing your medical history, exam, and treatment. This takes between 1 ½ to 2 hours, depending on the length and severity of your condition.
Follow up treatments last 1 hour and include a shorter version of consult and exam.
My practice accepts insurance for acupuncture patients. In order to best serve you, I can verify your insurance benefits before you arrive. Please click on the link below and complete the online form. I will contact you as soon as the benefits are established.
A sliding-scale pricing is available for those in need; applies only to “at-time-of-service” fees.
What to expect
In the treatment of pain, you should see some difference immediately. How long that relief will last will depend on the length and severity of the problem. During the course of your treatments, you will also notice that you are starting to stand differently, or that your body sensations or moods are less extreme, and that your awareness of your body is changing.
During treatments, once the needles are placed, the brain releases endorphins, which encourages relaxation or sleep. However, some people experience an increase in energy either during or after their appointment. Others experience more calmness, more steadiness in their daily life.
Before your treatment
Please eat a meal no longer than 3 hours before your appointment; you will need energy for me to release blockages. Bring shorts and a tank top to change into. No strenuous exercise for at least 2 hours before your appointment.
A medical history questionnaire will need to be filled out, which we will review during the consultation part of your appointment. For your first visit, bring a list of all medications, herbs, and or supplements you take on a regular basis.
After your treatment
It is important that no strenuous activities take place immediately after a treatment. This lets your body use the energy given to heal. Like putting money into savings, you are banking your energy.
Drinking a glass of water within a half hour of your session allows any toxins released from muscles or stress to be flushed out.
You will be given self-care exercises to do between treatments to enhance their effect. They include breathing techniques, acupressure point combinations, foods or teas to drink, and /or stretching exercises.
It is important that you check in between sessions through a phone message or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, to let me know what is changing and what is the same. This allows me to make a better treatment plan. You can text me for new appointments or schedule changes. 562-715-1405 text