The movement of Water is reflected in the Season of Winter
Symptoms involve the Kidney and Urinary Bladder Meridians
- Out of Balance
- Physical Symptoms: fatigue or adrenal exhaustion, back pain, disc degeneration, frequent urinary tract infections, kidney stones, edema, high blood pressure, infertility, hot flashes or night sweats, and hormonal imbalances.
- Mental Symptoms: Fearfulness, night terrors, PTSD.
- In Harmony
- The energy of water takes many shapes. It can be frozen in fear or roaring in power and agility. It’s about fluidity and stamina and how to preserve them; for that is how we build or conserve our reserves. Banking energy is as important as banking money, providing backbone, willpower, and choices.
- Food as Medicine (Calcium/Magnesium)
- Anything slightly salty, Pork [not ham or bacon- Nitrates & Salt], Kidney, fish, seaweed, and miso soup, black & red beans, rice, beets, mushrooms, chestnuts, or any roots.
- Nettle leaf tea, watermelon, raspberry, and cranberry.
- Self-Care Activities
- Remembering to rest; drinking water; taking more baths, fewer showers; napping for 5 -10 minutes a day.
- Swimming, surfing, kayaking, fishing; walking, going to a lake, or the beach; listening to music, or ocean surf.