The Movement of Earth is about “transitions” and occurs in between Seasons
Symptoms involve the Spleen and Stomach Meridians
- Out of Balance
- Physical Symptoms: acid-reflux, hiatal hernia, blood sugar issues, pancreatitis, ulcers, excessive belching, indigestion.
- Mental symptoms: chronic worrying, obsessive-compulsive behavior, or over-thinking.
- In Harmony
- The stabilizing energy of the earth is about processing and transformation; the time you give yourself to digest your food, your experiences, your life. This stabilizing energy allows for mental clarity, focus, and a sense of practicality and groundedness.
- Food as Medicine (Manganese/ Zinc)
- Anything slightly sweet or bland, artichoke, squashes, corn on the cob, apples, coconut, cantaloupe, bananas; marjoram, anise, caraway seeds; chicken soup, chard, collard greens, spinach, chickpeas.
- Self-soothing Activities
- Meditation, prayer, 5 minutes to daydream, journaling, cloud watching
- Take time out to reflect and integrate, chew more, eat soups during change of season